NRC Assam Claim & Objections Full Process – How to include / correct your name in NRC Draft

How to reapply to include your names in NRC draft, NRC Assam Receipt and Disposal of Claims and Objections, NRC Assam Corrections of Names, Change or update your name & details :  If you require to correct or update your name and details in the NRC Assam draft , then this article going to be helpful for you.  After the publication of 1st NRC part draft , there are many people who are not satisfied about the result draft. Many people complained that there names are misspelled or some errors in address. Not only that there are some people who want to update some additional information or may have some claims and objections regarding NRC Assam draft list. In such cases there is no reason of worry if you have valid & legal documents to show in front of NRC Verification officer. In this post we will guide you how to submit your claim request for correction in your NRC complete draft which will be published in future and will also share how the NRC Claim & objection phase works. If your name was not included in the NRC Assam part draft , then you can file claim application in your designated NRC Seva Kendra (NSK), where you have submitted the NRC Application.

NRC Assam Claim & objection phase, Name correction , Update your name, include name in second draft NRC


About NRC Claims :

Now we will discuss in what condition one can file NRC Claim application.The persons whose names do not appear in the draft updated NRC, may file claim application within a stipulated period in the NSK where the Application Form was submitted. Upon receiving the your claim application, the team will re-verify your legacy information and if everything is fine then your name will appear in the nrc 2nd draft or final draft list.

About NRC Objections :

Now we will discuss in what condition one can file NRC Objection application.The persons whose names are misspelled or any objections in the already updated NRC draft ,  can file NRC objection application.

Full process of file claims and objections , Correction & Inclusion of Names in NRC Assam Draft :

1/ First of all, Visit your nearest NRC Seva Kendra.
2/ Now Ask the NRC officials about an NRC claim & objection application / name correction form /file
3/ Then Fill up the form and sent it to the Local Registrar of Citizens Registrations(LRCR).
4/A receipt shall be issued to you by the help desk at the NRC center and keep the receipt with you for future reference.
5/ After that a notice shall be issued within a stipulated time for a hearing of the correction petition.

A notice shall be issued to every person filing claim to substantiate his claim. Such person may adduce relevant documents in support of his/her claim for consideration of Registration Officer. The officer in charge of the NSK, designated as Local Registrar of Citizens Registration (LRCR), shall dispose the claims after the claimant is duly heard by way of a speaking order.

A person may also have an objection against entry of any name in the draft NRC. The objections to entry of names of persons in the draft updated NRC may be filed before the LRCR against any entry, in a prescribed objection format. Objection petition must be filed by bonafide persons on bonafide grounds. Submission of objections against inclusion of any name in the published draft NRC would require documentary evidence on the part of the objector found sufficient enough by the LRCR to establish a prima-facie case against the person objected against.

Any person can also apply for correction of his name or any other entry in his respect as appearing in the draft updated NRC, may file correction application within a stipulated period before the LRCR DISPOSAL OF CLAIMS & OBJECTIONS
Claims, Objections or application for Corrections shall be received at the LRCR offices in the same manner as the receipt of original Application Forms.

In all such cases, disposal would be carried out by the LRCR by conducting a hearing after giving notice to the person filing the Claim or Objection or application for Correction.

WHAT IS THE LIST OF ADMISSIBLE DOCUMENTS? (The same list can be referred to by the people coming from other states of India and currently residing in Assam)

There will be two main requirements for inclusion of names of any person in updated NRC–

1/ The 1st requirement is collection of ANY ONE of the following documents of List A issued before midnight of 24th March, 1971 where name of self or ancestor* appears (to prove residence in Assam up to midnight of 24th March, 1971).

  • (a) 1951 NRC OR
  • (b) Electoral Roll(s) up to 24th March 1971 (midnight) OR
  • (c) Land & Tenancy Records OR
  • (d) Citizenship Certificate OR
  • (e) Permanent Residential Certificate OR
  • (f) Refugee Registration Certificate OR
  • (g) Passport OR
  • (h) LIC OR
  • (i) Any Govt. issued License/Certificate OR
  • (j) Govt. Service/ Employment Certificate OR
  • (k) Bank/Post Office Accounts OR
  • (l) Birth Certificate OR
  • (m) Board/University Educational Certificate OR
  • (n) Court Records/Processes.

Further, two other documents viz (1) Circle Officer/GP Secretary Certificate in respect of married women migrating after marriage (can be of any year before or after 24th March (midnight) 1971), and (2) Ration Card issued up to the midnight of 24th March, 1971 can be adduced as supporting documents. However, these two documents shall be accepted only if accompanied by any one of the documents listed above.

2. The Second requirement arises if name in any of the documents of List A is not of the applicant himself/herself but that of an ancestor, namely, father or mother or grandfather or grandmother or great grandfather or great grandmother (and so on) of the applicant. In such cases, the applicant shall have to submit documents as in List B below to establish relationship with such ancestor, i.e., father or mother or grandfather or grandmother or great grandfather or great grandmother etc. whose name appears in List A. Such documents shall have to be legally acceptable document which clearly proves such relationship.

  • (a) Birth Certificate OR
  • (b) Land document OR
  • (c) Board/University Certificate OR
  • (d) Bank/LIC/Post Office records OR
  • (e) Circle Officer/GP Secretary Certificate in case of married women OR
  • (f) Electoral Roll OR
  • (g) Ration Card OR
  • (h) Any other legally acceptable document




  1. Benu rani nath May 27, 2018
  2. shanti bale paul June 4, 2018

Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected !!